Monday 22 December 2014

My Digital Media Project - Oh boy

Greetings. I wondered if I would ever use this blog again, and it looks like the answer is yes. Are we going to act surprised that I haven't posted in a while?

Anyway, I've chosen to use this as a journal of my development, as I work towards my final Project, named Scheherazade: Living On a Tale. The project is named after a character from a fairytale, specifically, One Thousand and One Nights. The aim of the project is to build up more portfolio work, as well as a better understanding of the freelance illustration industry.

To achieve this, I'll be filling a selection of briefs, each aimed towards a different audience and purpose. The completion of these briefs will include a character sheet, and a prototype of the final product. These briefs are:

- A mascot for a professional event IE Pictoplasma

- The main character, a princess, from the fairytale Donkeyskin

- The main character of a comic, based around the Paladin archetype from gaming

- A merchant character for a video game aimed at children

- A mascot for a family friendly chain of Italian restaurants

EDIT 09/01/2015: The order of the briefs had to be rejigged slightly, due to some unexpected information, and the fact that I need more time to learn about the software the Merchant character would require. And the fact that I desperately want to have the Donkeyskin character finished before the development deadline.

No comments:

Post a Comment