Wednesday 29 April 2015

My Digital Media Project - Page of Paladins

So, first of all, I finished off the illustration of Donkeyskin, and I will make a post about those finishing touches later, but right now, I have a tone of screenshots from making the test page for the Paladin brief. (Small warning for language in the sketching stage)



First, I used the sketch tool in Manga Studio to roughly plan out each of the panels. I also, on the fly, changed the design of the shield, to make it a little easier to draw consistently.



Next, I used the pen tool to draw the final lineart.


I experimented some with the screentone tool, the feature which drew me to Mangastudio when I first purchased it. It was during my weeaboo phase, okay. I used two layers of the same tone on the jewel, to see if I could use that to shade the jewel. The experiment worked, but it might look a little weird, combined with the big shine I put on it in the lineart.


I've added all the dialogue using the character tools in Mangastudio. I find it really handy that they have hundreds of different speech bubbles to choose from, including ones that would be supremely difficult to just draw straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment