Monday 25 March 2013

Older works and works out of college.

I made an animation of a dragon for the first module of my Animation course. It is four seconds long, and was made with a pencil and paper. It is 96 frames long, and we used Dragon stopmotion to capture it. Sadly, when it came time to capture the final animation, the Dragon Stopmotion software stopped working, so, at the least currently, only the rough "mannequin" style animation exists.
I have done some work around my home as well, for my own entertainment, and the entertainment of my friends. Be quiet, I don't actually have a scanner as of yet. I could not have moved house at a worse time.
Queen Anne Veroneshka was supposed to be a character in a fantasy setting, a self-disowned daughter of the ruling family. When that family was killed off, of course, she inherited the title of queen but never came to claim it.
A better photograph of the drawing. In the first picture, I had noticed the writing on the picture was showing up mirrored, so I tried to hold it backwards and shine daylight through it, to combat this problem. As it turns out, Photoshop is a much simpler solution. I originally did this art when I first got my good pens, as a practice exercise, with a character I'd drawn before and knew was very simple.
This was done to illustrate a point I was making to a friend who is making a game. That he didn't need to think too hard on backstory for the characters, or give them any kind of real identity. The players would do that for him. This was drawn to illustrate how he could even avoid making his characters physically recognisable as any kind of person.
This is a design for a demonic monster for the horror video game of my dreams. Oddly, I'm not actually a fan of the horror genre overall, I'm something of a wimp. I do, however, like to watch other people playing them.
I remain quite proud of this picture. The proportions may be somewhat out, and it's quite blunt, but I like it. I am especially pleased with the cat's stripes, which were created with the smudge tool on GIMP, which was all I had at the time. I also like the idea of having a character who rides a giant cat rather than a horse.
This is my first attempt at drawing with a tablet. As you can see, no one is exempt from being terrible at something the first time they do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment