Monday 11 March 2013

Rigging Thomas

We are going to pretend like I was not sick for a couple of days, and busy or forgetful the rest.

I finished Thomas' character model, and then I set about rigging him.
This is a picture of Thomas with his completed skeleton, achieved by creating his arms, legs and spine. Then, I placed the structure of his legs and arms within the appropriate hierarchy of his spine.
Then, I made some controllers, by creating a spline and pinning the joints to them. I used circular splines for most of them, though I used a star shaped spline for the controller to move the whole puppet.
I also tried to create a foot roll, but that didn't quite work out. For one thing, it simply didn't work on my model, for another, when I tried to work out what was wrong at home, I discovered that I couldn't right click in the Xpresso tag on my own Macbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment